Dstv Dailynews  Mobile
Yanga victory ends in turmoil

Yanga victory ends in turmoil

DESPITE posting a 3-2 win over Ruvu Shooting on Thursday, the management of Young Africans made a prompt disciplinary action by suspending goalkeeper Metacha Mnata for misconduct.

Immediately after the closely contested match at the Benjamin Mkapa Stadium in Dar es Salaam, some Yanga fans who turned up for the match were not convinced with the way Mnata handled the match especially after his side conceded the second goal, saying he could have easily prevented the ball from hitting behind the net.

However, things went from bad to worse when players were heading to the dressing room, whereby Mnata gestured to fans in an inappropriate manner, which was interpreted as an insult to them.

Through a statement issued by the club’s Information and Communication Department later after the match, it said the leadership was saddened with the indiscipline action of Mnata to Yanga fans, hence suspended him until the club’s Disciplinary Committee makes its verdict in accordance with the laws of the club.

The statement further apologised to Yanga members, fans and sport stakeholders for what transpired while requesting them to be calm as the whole issue is being sorted out.

Apparently, reminiscing after the tough 90 minutes on the pitch, Yanga midfielder Feisal Salum who netted a brace on the day said they remain optimistic to win the championship this season.

Before halftime, Yanga had already fired two goals courtesy of Salum, while substitute Saido Ntibazonkiza scored a sublime free-kick in the second half for the third goal to his team.

The hosting side Ruvu Shooting had to wait for the introduction of Emmanuel Martin in the last stanza, who pulled the trigger in the 69th minute before David Ulomi netted the second goal which opened up the game.

With the outcome, Yanga reached 64 points from 30 games with four league matches to play before giving farewell to the unfolding campaign. Aside from scoring the two goals, Salum emerged man of the match in two consecutive games after he claimed the same honour when Taifa Stars defeated Malawi 2-0 in a friendly encounter at the same venue a week ago.

At a post match briefing, when asked if he thinks that they can still win the title, Salum confidently replied that their dreams to claim the championship are not over until the season ends.

“We have not given up until the end of the marathon because anything can happen on the way,” he said.

Yanga’s Head Coach Nasreddine Nabi praised his charges for the win, insisting that they need to continue fighting hard to get maximum three points in their remaining fixtures. On his part, Martin for Ruvu Shooting who was the game changer for his team, said they badly needed to win the match to be safe on the table.

“The match was tense and our focus was to collect all three points but that could not happen. I hope the coach has identified our problems and we will come stronger in our remaining encounters,” said the former Yanga player.

His coach Charles Boniface Mkwasa said they were just unlucky on the day as they had an opportunity to produce positive results especially in the second half.

“In the first half, Yanga dominated but in the last half, we came out stronger no wonder we managed to score two goals and I am sure that it was just good luck we lacked on the day to get the results we wanted,” he said.

With the defeat, Ruvu Shooting remain static on the 10th slot with 37 points and have only three outings to play before completing their season’s assignments.

Manara resigns Kamwaga takes over

Simba Sports Club management has accepted Haji ...


Post your comments



Recent Posts


more headlines in our related posts

latest # news