Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has vowed to "continue to respond forcefully" to rocket attacks as conflict with Palestinians in Gaza enters a seventh day.
Israeli air strikes in Gaza killed at least three Palestinians early on Sunday, health officials said.
Palestinian militants fired rockets towards Tel Aviv, causing people there to flee to bomb shelters.
The international community has called for an end to the escalating conflict.
On Saturday, US President Joe Biden phoned Mr Netanyahu and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas to express concern about the situation.
A UN Security Council meeting is set to take place later on Sunday.
Since the fighting began on Monday at least 148 people have been killed in Gaza, according to Palestinian officials, and Israel has reported 10 dead, including two children. Israel says dozens of militants are among the dead in Gaza, while Palestinian health officials say their death toll includes 41 children.
Speaking in a televised address late on Saturday, Mr Netanyahu said the strikes would continue for "as long as necessary" and that everything possible was being done to limit civilian casualties.
"The party that bears the guilt for this confrontation is not us, it's those attacking us," said Mr Netanyahu.
Earlier on Saturday, an Israeli air strike destroyed a high-rise building housing media organisations, including The Associated Press and Al-Jazeera, plus a number of offices and apartments.
In a statement released shortly afterwards, the Israeli military said the building had housed military assets belonging to Hamas. The building's landlord has denied this.
UN Secretary General Antonio Gutteres said he was "deeply disturbed" by the strike on the building.
"The secretary-general reminds all sides that any indiscriminate targeting of civilian and media structures violates international law and must be avoided at all costs," his spokesman said.
The Associated Press (AP) said the block had been hit roughly an hour after Israeli forces ordered people to evacuate.