- Published on Thursday, 23 May 2013 01:22
- Written by FAUSTINE KAPAMA
- Hits: 294
THE Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) has asked the Court of Appeal to call for records of the High Court and quash the nullification of terrorist charges against opposition politician Wilfred Munganyizi Lwakatare and Joseph Ludovick.
- Published on Thursday, 23 May 2013 00:49
- Written by MEDDY MULISA, Bukoba
- Hits: 279
AUTHORITIES in Kagera Region have embarked on an exercise to screen foreigners in public and private sectors to establish genuine experts and provide more jobs to qualified Tanzanians.
- Published on Thursday, 23 May 2013 00:48
- Written by A Correspondent
- Hits: 190
PEOPLE living with HIV are particularly vulnerable to cervical cancer – in the United States, cervical cancer is the most common form of cancer among women living with HIV.
- Published on Thursday, 23 May 2013 00:39
- Written by ISSA YUSSUF in Zanzibar
- Hits: 107
RESIDENTS in some parts of Unguja and Pemba islands currently facing water shortage will have the problem minimised by August, this year, when a project to construct 50 boreholes/wells will be completed.
- Published on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 04:01
- Written by FINNIGAN WA SIMBEYE
- Hits: 869
BUREAUCRACY and inefficiency at Dar es Salaam Port is costing the country and six landlocked countries some 2.6 billion US dollars (over 4.2tri/-), a World Bank report has established.
- Published on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 03:52
- Written by DAILY NEWS Reporters and Agencies
- Hits: 1098
US President Barack Obama will embark on his first major African tour later next month, visiting Senegal, Tanzania and South Africa, the White House announced on Monday.
- Published on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 03:26
- Written by HILDA MHAGAMA
- Hits: 817
EFFORTS by the government to promote employment opportunities and subsequently reduction of poverty will bear fruits if the third generation of mobile telecommunication technology (3G) becomes accessible in rural and densely populated areas.
- Published on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 03:05
- Written by ALVAR MWAKYUSA
- Hits: 594
CCM National Chairman, President Jakaya Kikwete, has not given a go-ahead to presidential hopefuls in the party to start campaigning ahead of the 2015 general elections as insinuated by a section of the media, a spokesperson has clarified.
- Published on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 02:43
- Written by MICHAEL MBIRO
- Hits: 628
MORE than 120 universities and colleges are expected to take part in the 8th Exhibition on Higher Education, Science and Technology (HESTE), which kicks off at Diamond Jubilee Hall in Dar es Salaam today.