- Published on Wednesday, 12 March 2014 04:00
- Written by ROSE ATHUMANI
- Hits: 52
PRESIDENT Jakaya Kikwete has said that the area that is under conservation is quite vast and that lack of adequate manpower was the major challenge in antipoaching efforts in the country.
- Published on Wednesday, 12 March 2014 03:59
- Written by PIUS RUGONZIBWA in Dodoma
- Hits: 60
TANZANIA has logged a historical achievement by preparing and passing the regulations that will guide Constituent Assembly members in rewriting the Constitution. The relations have been prepared and passed in less than a month.
- Published on Wednesday, 12 March 2014 03:32
- Written by Correspondent ALLY KONDO in Lilongwe
- Hits: 48
TANZANIA and Malawi have signed an agreement for the establishment of a single customs and immigration centre at the Songwe-Kasumulu border, aimed at boosting trade and cementing bilateral relations between the two countries.
- Published on Wednesday, 12 March 2014 02:46
- Written by DAILY NEWS Reporter
- Hits: 108
THE Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) is still holding the police file of a murder case against two prominent businessmen Makongoro Joseph Nyerere and Marijani Abubakar, alias Papaa Msofe, the Kisutu Resident Magistrate’s Court in Dar es Salaam heard on Tuesday.
- Published on Wednesday, 12 March 2014 02:37
- Written by DAILY NEWS Reporter in Dodoma
- Hits: 72
THE Permanent Chairman of the Constituent Assembly will be known today. An Interim Chairman, Mr Pandu Ameir Kificho, announced on Tuesday that an exercise to get a permanent boss takes place after the CA endorsed standing orders that cannot work without the permanent chairman. Four members of the assembly collected forms on Tuesday.
- Published on Wednesday, 12 March 2014 01:14
- Written by LUDOVICK KAZOKA
- Hits: 90
AS Tanzania joins other countries to mark the World Consumer Rights Day this Saturday, the Tanzania Consumer Forum (TCF) has called upon mobile phone network providers to grab opportunities from technological advancement to improve services.
- Published on Wednesday, 12 March 2014 00:57
- Written by DAILY NEWS Reporter in Mbeya
- Hits: 78
THE conflict simmers in Mbeya Region between sand miners, stone crashers and the city leadership following a new regulation demanding that the miners should have licences.
- Published on Wednesday, 12 March 2014 00:48
- Written by HARRIET KIAMA in Kibaha
- Hits: 100
CROP cultivation through a system known as ‘one district one crop’ introduced by Small Industries Development Organisation (SIDO), has proved fruitful to Coast Region farmers who have improved their businesses, according to the organisation's Regional Manager, Ms Agnes Yesaya.