- Published on Wednesday, 13 February 2013 02:28
- Written by DEOGRATIAS MUSHI
- Hits: 993
“IF God would wish to see a black man also as pope, thanks be to God”. These were the words uttered to journalists three years ago in Rome by Peter Kodwo Appiah Turkson, a Ghanaian Cardinal of the Catholic Church.
- Published on Monday, 11 February 2013 03:06
- Written by Staff Writer FAUSTINE KAPAMA
- Hits: 708
PRESIDENT Jakaya Kikwete recently led judges, magistrates, lawyers and other invited guests to mark the Law Day, an annual event marked countrywide to officiate the start of functions of the Judiciary in the country.
- Published on Monday, 11 February 2013 02:59
- Written by AUGUSTINE SANGI
- Hits: 996
IN the mid-1980s, Tanzania began to implement the structural adjustment programme (SAP) drawn up by the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) to qualify for aid reception from these institutions.
- Published on Monday, 11 February 2013 00:29
- Written by MARC NKWAME
- Hits: 6609
KILIMANJARO, regarded as the highest peak on the African Continent and the highest free standing mountain in the world has of late started to be taken for granted.
- Published on Sunday, 10 February 2013 02:09
- Written by TUMA ABDALLAH
- Hits: 956
MS Diane Corner, the outgoing British High Commissioner to Tanzania, began her tour of duty in the country in 2009. The envoy who accomplished her assignment recently speaks about her work experience in Tanzania and the cordial relationship that exists between the two countries in an interview with Staff Writer TUMA ABDALLAH...
- Published on Sunday, 10 February 2013 01:44
- Written by JAFFAR MJASIRI
- Hits: 699
WHEN I read a comment sent to me recently by an official of African Leadership Academy (ALA) with its headquarters in Johannesburg, South Africa it indeed inspired me to write this article.